Welcome to the Maryland Capitol Police Department - Online Incident Reporting System. Using this system allows you to submit a report immediately.
If this is an emergency or the crime is in progress, please call 911.
Upon completion of this process:
- You will immediately receive a report number and be able to print a copy of the report.
- Your incident reported online will be reviewed.
- Reports are reviewed and assigned to officers for follow-up based on investigative leads, severity of the crime, and investigative staffing. Unfortunately the majority of cases reported are closed without further action being taken. If a follow-up will be conducted on your case, you will be contacted.
- Once the report has been approved, a permanent MCP report number and a copy of the report will be emailed to you.
Please confirm the following to find out if online filing is right for you:
- Did the incident occur within DGS owned/maintained property limits?(If this incident occurred outside the DGS limits, please dial 411 to obtain the law enforcement agency for the appropriate jurisdiction.)
- Do you have an email address?
- The incident DOES NOT involve any of the following: (For incidents listed, you must call: 911 Emergency; or 410-767-2911 – Baltimore, or 410-260-2911 – Annapolis to file your report.)
- Violent Crime (personal assault, kidnapping, robbery)
- Hate Crime
- Sex Crime (rape or sexual assault)
- Stolen Vehicle (theft of a vehicle, trailer, motorcycle)
- Theft from a Vehicle
- Lost/Stolen License Plate
- Domestic Violence
- Assault and Battery resulting in serious injuries (to include injuries requiring hospitalization or medical treatment).
- Traffic Accidents involving serious injuries, DUIs, or unlicensed drivers unless all parties have left the scene.
The application which you are filing is being filed under oath.
False statement - To law enforcement officer.
(a)Prohibited.- A person may not make, or cause to be made, a statement, report, or complaint that the person knows to be false as a whole or in material part, to a law enforcement officer of the State, of a county, municipal corporation, or other political subdivision of the State, or of the Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Police with intent to deceive and to cause an investigation or other action to be taken as a result of the statement, report, or complaint.
(b)Penalty.- A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 6 months or a fine not exceeding $500 or both.
[An. Code 1957, art. 27, § 150(a), (c); 2002, ch. 26, § 2.]
If your incident qualifies for an online report and you wish to continue,
CLICK TO REPORT INCIDENT